Thursday 14 May 2020

Lockdown Highlights



Lockdown Story - Zac Gallant Year 7
We’ve been learning at home since COVID-19 made school close. We live on a farm so we’ve got way more fun things to do than people who live in town. Dad built us a sled that gets towed behind the motorbike so we’ve been riding in it. We have a creek near our house that we’ve been kayaking in with our dog Belle in the kayak. I was flying my kite on a windy day and I got too close to the powerline and it got stuck in it. We had to ring the power people who came and got it out but now it is destroyed so I can’t fly it anymore. We went camping up the back on our farm for a night - we cooked our tea on a campfire. We had sausages and pasta and potatoes and corn cooked in the fire then we had marshmallows squashed between biscuits and hot chocolate for pudding.  I burnt my hand on a hot coal which hurt lots. We slept in tents and our dog Belle slept outside our tent. We’ve been doing school at home - we use our chromebooks to go onto our class work site and our teacher puts work on there for us. We go on meets with our class and we play learning games too. One of the activities we have done is to make a video of a news report - I did a news report about a sighting of a gnome in our area. We shared the videos on our blog. Mum has also been giving us scavenger hunt challenges around the farm. We have to get photos of a list of things and there are prizes for the quickest and best photos.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zac,I'm Heidi from St Patrick's school.
    Looks like you didn't get bored during lock down. I wish I had something like that to do,I didn't do much during lock down.
    Next time post it straight onto your blog instead of putting it into a link.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip.
      We sure did have fun.

      Delete
  3. Hello Zac,
    Wonderful work thanks Zac. I hope it is going in the Generations Apart book that Shantytown is publishing. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I sent it to shantytown.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Hi Zac my name is Connor from stpatricks school graymath showing the photos make me want to came.😊😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connor.
      We are lucky to live on a farm with lots of space to have fun.

      Delete
  5. Good job Zac:)

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi im cam from Otaki college. i like listening to other people with their lifes in lockdown so I really liked this

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.